Monday, October 12, 2015

ColourPop Fall Lip Colors

For my first blog post, I chose to talk about fall lip colors because well…who doesn’t love a fun lip color for the best season of the year! I love everything about the fall. Football, leaves changing colors, pumpkin spice everything, the cute clothes, my favorite TV shows come back, and especially the makeup trends. I chose my favorite shades from ColourPop cosmetics because they have a great color selection, the quality is awesome and guess what?! Nothing is over $10. I know, it sounds too good to be true! The most I spent on any of these lip colors was SIX bucks. Are you kidding me…




Ultra matte Lips (liquid lipsticks) ($6) 


Dr. M: This is a dark emerald green and I chose it because it’s different…it’s not going to be everyone’s first choice but that’s what I like about it. I think it’s beautiful and striking. You’ll get some double-takes from strangers but who the flip cares!

Trap: a beautiful cool toned grayish-purpley-pink. It’s the perfect shade to overline your lips with and it looks good on so many skin tones! It’s my favorite and very Kylie Jenner-esque.

Lippie Stix ($5)


Pitch: This is a brownish red? Reddish brown? Eh, same thing. I chose this shade because it reminds me of the 90’s which is so in right now! Dark reds are very popular in the fall and everyone loves a rich burgundy color so I wanted to give it a spin and do something warm-toned that is still red but not your average berry lip! It’s so fun and gives you an edgy feel. It looks so good on brunettes or people with brown eyes!

Wet: This is the only one that isn’t matte! This is a pearlized shade and it is so different! It doesn’t do it justice in the picture but it is a beautiful cool-toned taupe and this is a shade that would look very different depending on what lip liner you chose to put underneath it. It’s versatile and fun!

These last two shades, Oh Snap and Tootsi are every day lip colors that look good on everyone! Tootsie is more of a dark nude which is why you can barely see it on my lips! It’s very close to my natural lip color. Oh Snap is more of a pinky nude and it is absolutely a must-have. It is a great bridal color as well!

I chose matte shades for the most part because not only are matte lipsticks really popular right now but so is over-lining your lips. Using matte lipsticks/lip pencils when over-lining is very important because the color stays put and helps hide your natural line of your lips. When you use something that is glossy or satin, the color moves around and not only can you see the natural lines of your lips, but you’ll find yourself reapplying multiple times through the day. Liquid lipsticks will literally NOT BUDGE. I can kiss my cute kid all I want without leaving a mark. WIN-WIN.

Drug store price for department store quality. Check out ColourPop and let me know what you think! Try a fun color you’ve never worn before, have FUN with it!

   photo hann-sig_zpseuukruqs.png

No comments:

Post a Comment